On Friday, 21st December, the organisers of the 2019 ZCC emailed out to all those drivers who have entered the meeting. The email contained event information and was emailed to the email address you used to enter the event.
If you have not received this email then could you please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will deal with your email.
Have a great festive season and we look forward to seeing you in February.
On the 10th November the ZCC organising committee visited the Harrogate riding centre, our 2019 venue, and were welcomed by the centres owner Drew and Clare Birtwistle and Drew’s mother Jennifer who created the venue with her late husband.
Having run a vehicle in the arena the centre looks forward to welcoming us and currently the meeting as places available across all three classes and likewise we have a couple of rooms available in the onsite B&B (on a room only basis since the centres café will be open for breakfasts to evening meals). Further details on the café will be posted in the new year but Clare is offering to do a carvery one evening if enough people would like this onsite.
Along with the café the centre has plenty of room for those who wish to camp and park up but I am afraid no on site hook ups are available due to power limitations caused by the remoteness of the venue. The centre will be extending its bar area to cater for our event.
We current have the following spaces :-
7 places in the 2 Wheel Drive class
15 places in the 4 Wheel Drive class
16 places in the short course class
This assumes we will be running a maximum of 12 heats
If you have not booked in yet and are planning on attending then please use the pilot registration button in the menu options of our website menu. If you wish to ask about room availability then please email Dane Whittleston.
I also have the pleasure in announcing that RCMODELZ will be supporting the event in 2019 – welcome on board to all Team RCMODELZ fans. If any other supplier would like to get involved with the UK’s only and best large scale indoor event then please contact either Dane or myself.
Finally I can confirm that Zenoah will once again be supporting our event in association with their UK agent KCR.
Its taken nearly 12 months, but we have done it, the organisers of the Zenoah Challenge Cup can confirm that they have sourced an alternative equestrian centre in the Harrogate area to host our event in 2019 and hopefully beyond too. We have today paid the deposit so get the 8,9 and 10th February in your event calendars.
Booking in will open on Sunday 7th October and we will be limiting numbers to 121 attendees across the classes. Like previous years a non refundable deposit will be required to reserve your place at this popular event.
Please keep visiting our website, facebook page for the latest news as we update the sites to reflect our new location.
Along with having a main arena we will be hiring a second for pitting which has a small walk way from one to the other, the centre has plenty of parking, camping space, café, function roombar area and a 13 room b&b which the event has rented for the weekend. Further details will be released as we progress.
The Zenoah challenge cup organisers wish to thank the Spring House group and the Birtwistle family for welcoming us to the Harrogate riding and language centre.
For those who attended previous events will be aware that Norton heath was an active centre around our meeting and our new venue will be no different, they have an active livery yard and we ask that you respect this and likewise the place is kept tidy with rubbish placed in the owners skip as required.
BRCA LSOR Chairman
Further to the post concerning the sale of Norton Heath a couple of months ago it is with regret that the organisers of the 2018 ZCC event have now decided to cancel the popular February event for 2018.
We have contacted many centres across the UK but nothing has come of this so far due to the typical flooring now used in equestrian centres.
We will continue to search the UK to locate somewhere for our popular indoor off road race meeting to take place but for now have a great winter and if we find a venue that can offer us a meeting in 2018 then we will keep you all informed but with less than 12 weeks to go before our regular dates the organisers have decided to cancel February’s event.